Burnley Leisure Trust is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and access our facilities, how we use that data, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who we are
Burnley Leisure is a registered Charity and our registration number is 1158520.
This Policy sets out our commitments to you, in compliance with and beyond the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and explains how we collect, store and use your personal information. Burnley Leisure is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only ask for personal data from our customers when we have a genuine requirement for this with the purpose of providing a product or service to you. If the information which we ask you to provide can be used to identify an individual, then the information which is collected will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
We collect personal data from you in several ways, both online and in person; such as:
- Any personal details that you knowingly provide us with by completing forms on our website. These details may include but are not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth.
- Your preferences to receive communications from us.
- Data recorded by the Website which allows us to recognise you and your preferred settings. Commonly known as Cookies,these pieces of data save you from re-entering information on return visits to the website. Such data is recorded locally on your computer and most browsers can be programmed to reject or warn you before downloading the cookies if you wish. Information about how to do this will be available in your browsers ‘help’ facility.
- Credit & Debit card information may be collected to process a transaction online. This information is not stored within any of our systems but is transferred to the bank or card processing agency in order to process and verify your transaction.
How we use your information
The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiries and orders, as well as provide a service to you as a member or customer of Burnley Leisure. To do this, it will be necessary for us to hold your data on one or more of our database/CRM systems.
- To communicate with you via any of your chosen channels. We may need to communicate with you about your enquiry or order, as well as other services, activities, news or promotions that may be of interest to you.
- For producing statistical reports, looking at factors such as usage volumes, customer demographics and geographic data. Only aggregated data will be used in these reports and it will not be possible to identify any individuals.
- We may also use profiling and screening techniques to analyse your personal data and create a profile of your interests and preferences. In doing so we may make use of additional information about you, including where you live, your age (or other demographic information) and other information and measures of wealth, when it is available from external sources such as public registers, online (including records that you have made public on social media) or the electoral roll.
- The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why it was collected. However in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
In some instances, it may be necessary for us to share data with other 3rd party organisations for administrative purposes. These may include, processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this. Which will apply will depend upon the nature of your relationship and interactions with us.
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|Identity and money laundering checks and passing details of our money laundering checks to third parties and to carry out credit checks||All the personal information we collect||
|To enter into and perform contracts, where we may be supplying products/services to you and/or you may be supplying products/services to us or we may be involved in similar arrangements with third parties||All the personal information we collect||
|Deal with your queries or complaints, claims, legal disputes or raise queries, claims, legal disputes or complaints with you||All the personal information we collect||
|Maintain and improve our services and/or products||All the personal information we collect||
|Data analytics and statistical analysis to help us improve our online services||How you use our website
|Determine services and/or products that may be of interest to you||All personal information we collect||
|To provide you with requested information||Contact details and services and products or other information that you have requested we provide to you or your organisation||
|For the purposes of promoting the organisation, our events and membership packages.||Images in video and/or photographic form.||
|Direct marketing||Contact details and services and products that we have determined may be of interest to you or your organisation and/or which you or your organisation has purchased in the past||
|Holding any events||Your contact details, details of attendance, your comments in response to any surveys or forms and dietary requirements||
|To comply with our legal [and regulatory] obligations||All the personal information we collect||
|Fraud, crime prevention and debt collection||All the personal information we collect||
|To manage our relationship with you and to operate our organisation||All the personal information we collect||
|Storage of records relating to you and also records relating to our organisation||All the personal information we collect||
Transferring Your Personal Information Internationally
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure and where a third part processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws.
Subject Access Requests
Burnley Leisure aims to be as transparent as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’. In order to make such a request, contact us at email@example.com and state that you wish to make a subject access request. Your request should include details of who you are, along with documented evidence (e.g. driving licence, passport, or birth certificate) so that we can confirm your identity.
You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. where and by whom information is believed to be held, specific details of information required etc.). You are not required to state why you wish to access the information, but you should include any details that will help us locate and retrieve the information.
Your Right to be Forgotten
Under Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulations, an individual has the right to request that their personal data is erased from our systems. Burnley Leisure will take all appropriate steps to ensure that any such request can be executed in a timely manner. In order to make such a request, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you wish to make an erasure request.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com