Burnley Leisure Swim Academy is BACK!
We will be restarting our Swim Academy lessons from Monday 14th September at Padiham Leisure Centre and St Peter’s Leisure Centre.
Our teams will be in touch over the next few weeks with parents of those children with places already. To ensure we have the parent’s correct contact information, please contact email@example.com.
We have had to make a few changes to how the lessons operate at Burnley Leisure.
Before you set off for your swimming lesson:
- We are asking our customers to come ‘swim ready’, this means to have your swimwear on underneath your clothes. This will help limit the time spent in the changing rooms.
- We request that only one adult attends with the child for their lesson.
- Turn up only 5 minutes before you child’s lessons is due to start.
- If your child is wearing goggles, they must be able to put them on and take them off by themselves
Entering the facility:
- We have a one way system on entering the building, there are arrows on the floor to assist you with this.
- Please report to the reception desk on arrival and book your child in.
- Input your car registration details on the tablet located on the reception desk.
- Hand sanitisers are provided at various points around the facility,
- Enter the changing room area through the door that is labelled entry.
- Using a cubicle -change your child in a cubicle with a green sticker when entering the facility.
- Children must shower and use the toilet prior to their lesson starting.
- Toilets are on a 1 in 1 out basis.
- Whilst waiting for your instructor please stand on the green floor markers to the right of poolside, social distancing will be in place.
- There is a one way system around the poolside
- When waiting to collect your child after the lessons please stand on the red markers to the left hand side on entry to poolside.
- The viewing gallery has also changed. There will be limited seating which is clearly marked.
- One way system on the stairs, there are arrows to assist you.
- If you need to use the lift, only the same household or bubble are allowed in there at any one time.
Completion of lesson
- We are requesting that the children shower at home after their lesson, however limited showers are available.
- On completion for the lesson please use a cubicle with a red sticker this will help the team when santising areas.
What are we doing.
- Social distancing in the pool.
- Sanitising of equipment before and after use.
- No sharing of equipment.
- Teacher will not be in the water, however parents of duckling classes can go in the water to assist their own child.
We can’t wait to see you and your child back enjoying our Centre.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Our aim is to help people learn to swim through innovative and enjoyable classes that combine teaching with fun. We have a flexible and friendly approach to lessons and strive to ensure that each swimmer reaches their full potential.
We will help your child develop confidence in the water whilst developing skills for life. We recognise that all children develop at different speeds and at different ages and our teachers will ensure that the programme is right for them. Our highly qualified teachers will deliver our swimming programme to the standard that we believe you deserve. Our teachers are energetic and passionate about swimming and are Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) qualified. All swim teachers have an enhanced DBS check.
Swimmers in our lessons are always in safe hands. First and foremost we constantly stress the need for safety, so not only will your child learn to feel safe in the water but, will also be taught appropriate behaviour when at the pool.
To see more about how Swim Academy works and find tips on improving your child’s confidence in the water see our Swim Academy booklet below
If you would like to know more or check availability of lessons, please contact us.
Price per 10 week block – only £54
(Discounted rates available for Leisure Passport & Family Membership)
Badges & Certificates – £3.20
Holiday Crash Courses – only £20
If your child’s water confidence could do with a boost, Burnley Leisure Swim Academy offers crash course lessons suitable for kids aged 3 years and over, from complete beginners to improvers. These weekly courses follow a structured lesson plan through the ASA Learn to Swim Pathway.
Holiday crash courses are the perfect way for children to enjoy their time off and release energy while improving their swimming ability and are also an ideal way to introduce a non-swimmer (aged 3+), to the water before booking onto a 10 week block of lessons.
Crash courses take place during every half term and summer holidays. A crash course consists of five half hour lessons from Monday to Friday.
A certificate is awarded at the end of the week to congratulate each swimmer on their progress.