It’s time to start enjoying the good things in life again, safely and in professional hands!
We’re delighted to be reopening our leisure, fitness and hospitality services over the coming months, and we can’t wait to see you again.
Exercise is essential to physical health, mental health, our immunity and ability to avoid long-term illness – and it makes you feel great!
Below, we outline our roadmap to reopening and outline the safety procedures we have put in place to ensure everyone can back to doing what they love feeling safe and happy.
If you have any questions on the below, please get in touch with our friendly team by calling 01282664444 or emailing email@example.com.
Burnley Mechanics Theatre complies with all the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences. That’s why we’ve been awarded the ‘See it Safely’ mark from the Society of London Theatre.
What happens to my membership?
To say a big thank you to our members who have stuck with us through a turbulent year, you will not be charged in April for the first month of opening and your first direct debit payment will be 15th May. New members can join with no joining fee (saving £25) by clicking here.
Our Covid Promise
Our promise to you during these turbulent times, is that if our centres need to close again or there is another national lockdown, we will instantly freeze your membership for the time we are closed and if you are an annual member, any closed months will be added to the end of your membership. You can be confident that you will only pay membership fees when we are open.
Our roadmap to reopening…
Here’s what you’ve go to look forward to in the coming months!
Golf & Football
At Towneley Golf, the 18-hole par 3 Pitch & Putt, a 9 hole golf course will reopen.
All activities must be pre-booked and for all enquires call 01282477201 Monday, Wednesday or Friday 9am-3pm.
Our 7 day Towneley Golf Club membership is £475 for the season or £45 DD. Join now on DD & pay nothing until April using the discount code APRIL.
Outdoor & Virtual Fitness Classes
Outdoor fitness classes will return from 29th March and will be available to book from 22nd March.
We will also be continuing our Facebook Live (available to everyone) and Zoom classes (members only – book online).
The Boathouse Café Takeaway
The Boathouse Café at Thompson Park will operate a take-away café service from the end of March (dependent upon weather).
Gym & Swim
St Peter’s Leisure Centre and Padiham Leisure Centre gyms and pools will reopen on April 12th. The weights have been patiently ‘weighting’ for you to come back, and the machines are raring to go. There will be sanitising equipment around the gym, social distancing in place and capacity will be monitored. There will be no prior booking required to use the gym, just turn up.
The Feelgood ladies only gym will also reopen, however you must book your session prior to arrival.
Swimming sessions will be limited to 60 minutes and need to be booked online here.
Swimming lessons and school swimming classes will also start from 12th April.
From April 12th, you will be able to play short tennis, table tennis, badminton and squash at your leisure centre with members of your household/bubble.
The boating lake will reopen for family fun on the water. Boats will be available as from 12th April at weekends and everyday throughout school holidays.
The Boathouse Café will be open for outdoor food and drink.
We hope to be able to bring our group exercise classes indoors in May at St Peter’s Leisure Centre and Padiham Leisure Centre.
On 17th May, the much loved steam rooms will reopen from based on government guidance.
May also signals the time when our restaurants can reopen. Our breakfast and lunch menus offer a great choice of favourites and new additions. And we’re supporting more local food suppliers and producers too.
• Towneley 197 Bistro & Bar at Towneley Golf Club reopens on Tuesday, 18th May. Its opening hours will be Tuesday – Sunday 9:30am-3:30pm.
• Our 1955 Kitchen & Bar at Prairie Sports Village will reopen on Wednesday, May 19. Its opening hours will be Wednesday – Sunday 9.30am to 2.30pm
• The Boathouse Cafè will reopen indoors subject to the rule of 6 or two households; table service only
Burnley Mechanics Theatre
Burnley Mechanics Theatre may be able to reopen from May 17th, depending on government guidance. But we are currently making plans to reopen safely after what has been far too long! We are still awaiting further details about audience numbers and capacities which we will communicate with you as soon as possible.
Back to normality?
By mid-June, Government plans should mean that most indoor activities, including indoor adult group sports, exercise classes and hospitality, will reopen. The government will also allow some larger performances in indoor venues and events of up to 30 people, such as children’s parties, weddings, receptions and funeral wakes.
Our services and venues offer a range of options that are ideal for a variety of events and functions. Whether you’re looking for something in the summer months or later in the autumn or winter, we can help. Everything we do is in-line with the highest health and safety guidance and Government rules.
On 21st June we also hope to fully open The Boathouse with no restrictions.
Your safety is our priority…
Please familiarise yourself with the safety measures we have put in place at our venues to keep everyone safe and happy!
Burnley Mechanics Safety Measures
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s ‘See It Safely‘ mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences. Measures in place include:
- Face coverings – Face coverings will be worn at our venues unless you are exempt
- Social distancing – Social distancing measures will be implemented and adhered to throughout our theatre
- Regular cleaning – our theatre will be regularly cleaned in line with government guidelines to ensure your safety
- If you feel unwell – if you feel unwell, please notify a member of our bookings team via phone or email and we will work with you to find a suitable solution to your booking
- Refreshments – refreshments will be served in line with government guidelines
Leisure Centre Safety Measures
- Social distancing markers displayed throughout sites
- Where a face covering when moving through the centre (not required when exercising)
- Hand sanitisation will be expected upon arrival
- Check in will be via the reception desk only
- One-way system throughout site
- Protective screens have been installed at our reception desks
- Contactless payments preferred
- Hand sanitisation required with use of car parking registration tablet
In the gym
- Equipment has been rearranged for social distancing
- Feelgood Ladies Only Gym is open but sessions must be booked prior
- Customers must clean each piece of equipment pre and post workout – ‘do your bit, clean your kit’
- Sanitisation stations are located throughout for access to hand sanitisation and equipment cleaning supplies
- Customers are reminded to keep their distance from other customers and use equipment in accordance to social distancing
- All porous equipment such as mats are unavailable for use
- A heightened cleaning and disinfection regime is in place throughout the day
- Customers must bring their own drinks as there is no access to water stations
- No gym towels are permitted
- All swimming sessions must be pre-booked
- Swimmers are encouraged to arrive as ready as possible for the pool and shower/change at home
- Capacity in our swimming pools has been modified in line with government guidance
- Lane swimming only will be available
- Add Family and Junior open access swimming sessions available.
- Swimmers are reminded to be mindful of others whilst lane swimming
- Customers will have different standards and abilities, please respect all swimmers right to enjoy their swim
- Fast, medium, and slow lanes will be available
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer
- There will be no equipment available for use
- Disinfection intervals are scheduled regularly
- Sanitisation stations are located throughout for access to sanitisation
- Lane swimming and zones subject to change upon school swimming times.
- Social distancing must be adhered to under each activity
- One-way directional signage installed where feasible
- Limited activities may be available upon government guidance
- Players must be from same household/bubble
Prairie Sports Village Safety Measures
- Please wear a face covering upon entry and exit to the building. When on the driving range, face coverings can be removed.
- All sessions will be 55 minutes or 1 hour 55 minutes in duration
- Bays will be restricted to one person only apart from a parent/guardian with a child aged 12 and under.
- Pre-booking & payment is required.
- Your golf balls will be ready for you once you have signed in.
- After your range session please leave the building by following the exit signs.
- Social distancing and extra cleanliness measures remain in place.
- Takeaway drinks and snacks will be available from reception.
- Golf shop click and collect only until 12th April.