Join now and pay no joining fee…
We can’t wait to reopen our centres and we know how much people have missed their swimming, gym and exercise classes.
This April, we are offering NO JOINING FEE all our memberships, saving £25.
It’s been a long hard year and many people have not had the room, mental capacity or motivation to workout at home. But with the reopening of leisure (hopefully for good!), now is the time to commit to getting active again.
Exercise not only makes you feel great, it makes you fitter, mentally stronger, builds your immune system and helps you fight long term illnesses. Exercise really is medicine.
To take advantage of this great offer, all you need to do is add the code SPRING21 at the checkout when buying your membership online.
Worried about what will happen to your membership if we have to close or go into another lockdown? Scroll down to read about our Covid Promise.
Our Covid Promise
Our promise to you during these turbulent times, is that if our centres need to close again or there is another national lockdown, we will instantly freeze your membership for the time we are closed and if you are an annual member, any closed months will be added to the end of your membership. You can be confident that you will only pay membership fees when we are open.
Our roadmap to reopening…
Here’s what you’ve go to look forward to in the coming months!
Golf & Football
At Towneley Golf, the golf course and Pitch & Putt will reopen.
All activities must be pre-booked and for all enquires call 01282477201 Monday, Wednesday or Friday 9am-3pm.
Our 7 day Towneley Golf Club membership is £475 for the season or £45 DD. Join now on DD & pay nothing until April using the discount code APRIL.
Outdoor & Virtual Fitness Classes
Outdoor fitness classes will return from 29th March and will be available to book from 22nd March.
We will also be continuing our Facebook Live (available to everyone) and Zoom classes (members only – book online).
Gym & Swim
St Peter’s Leisure Centre and Padiham Leisure Centre gyms and pools will reopen on April 12th. The weights have been patiently ‘weighting’ for you to come back, and the machines are raring to go. There will be sanitising equipment around the gym, social distancing in place and capacity will be monitored. There will be no prior booking required to use the gym, just turn up.
The Feelgood ladies only gym will also reopen, however you must book your session prior to arrival.
Swimming sessions will be limited to 60 minutes and need to be booked online here.
Swimming lessons and school swimming classes will also start from 12th April.
From April 12th, you will be able to play short tennis, table tennis, badminton and squash at your leisure centre with members of your household/bubble.
The boating lake will reopen for family fun on the water. Boats will be available as from 12th April at weekends and everyday throughout school holidays.
The Boathouse Café will be open for outdoor food and drink.
We hope to be able to bring our group exercise classes indoors in May at St Peter’s Leisure Centre and Padiham Leisure Centre.
On 17th May, the much loved steam rooms will reopen from based on government guidance.
May also signals the time when our restaurants can reopen. Our breakfast and lunch menus offer a great choice of favourites and new additions. And we’re supporting more local food suppliers and producers too.
• Towneley 197 Bistro & Bar at Towneley Golf Club reopens on Tuesday, 18th May. Its opening hours will be Tuesday – Sunday 9:30am-3:30pm.
• Our 1955 Kitchen & Bar at Prairie Sports Village will reopen on Wednesday, May 19. Its opening hours will be Wednesday – Sunday 9.30am to 2.30pm
• The Boathouse Cafè will reopen indoors subject to the rule of 6 or two households; table service only
Burnley Mechanics Theatre
Burnley Mechanics Theatre may be able to reopen from May 17th, depending on government guidance. But we are currently making plans to reopen safely after what has been far too long! We are still awaiting further details about audience numbers and capacities which we will communicate with you as soon as possible.
Back to normality?
By mid-June, Government plans should mean that most indoor activities, including indoor adult group sports, exercise classes and hospitality, will reopen. The government will also allow some larger performances in indoor venues and events of up to 30 people, such as children’s parties, weddings, receptions and funeral wakes.
Our services and venues offer a range of options that are ideal for a variety of events and functions. Whether you’re looking for something in the summer months or later in the autumn or winter, we can help. Everything we do is in-line with the highest health and safety guidance and Government rules.
On 21st June we also hope to fully open The Boathouse with no restrictions.
Your safety is our priority…
Please familiarise yourself with the safety measures we have put in place at our venues to keep everyone safe and happy!
Leisure Centre Safety Measures
- Social distancing markers displayed throughout sites
- Hand sanitisation will be expected upon arrival
- Check in will be via the reception desk only
- One-way system throughout site
- Protective screens have been installed at our reception desks
- Contactless payments preferred
- Hand sanitisation required with use of car parking registration tablet
In the gym
- Equipment has been rearranged for social distancing
- Feelgood Ladies Only Gym is open but sessions must be booked prior
- Customers must clean each piece of equipment pre and post workout – ‘do your bit, clean your kit’
- Sanitisation stations are located throughout for access to hand sanitisation and equipment cleaning supplies
- Customers are reminded to keep their distance from other customers and use equipment in accordance to social distancing
- All porous equipment such as mats are unavailable for use
- A heightened cleaning and disinfection regime is in place throughout the day
- Customers must bring their own drinks as there is no access to water stations
- No gym towels are permitted
- All swimming sessions must be pre-booked
- Swimmers are encouraged to arrive as ready as possible for the pool and shower/change at home
- Capacity in our swimming pools has been modified in line with government guidance
- Lane swimming only will be available
- Add Family and Junior open access swimming sessions available.
- Swimmers are reminded to be mindful of others whilst lane swimming
- Customers will have different standards and abilities, please respect all swimmers right to enjoy their swim
- Fast, medium, and slow lanes will be available
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer
- There will be no equipment available for use
- Disinfection intervals are scheduled regularly
- Sanitisation stations are located throughout for access to sanitisation
- Lane swimming and zones subject to change upon school swimming times.
- Social distancing must be adhered to under each activity
- One-way directional signage installed where feasible
- Limited activities may be available upon government guidance
- Players must be from same household/bubble
Prairie Sports Village Safety Measures
- Please wear a face covering upon entry and exit to the building. When on the driving range, face coverings can be removed.
- All sessions will be 55 minutes or 1 hour 55 minutes in duration
- Bays will be restricted to one person only apart from a parent/guardian with a child aged 12 and under.
- Pre-booking & payment is required.
- Your golf balls will be ready for you once you have signed in.
- After your range session please leave the building by following the exit signs.
- Social distancing and extra cleanliness measures remain in place.
- Takeaway drinks and snacks will be available from reception.
- Golf shop click and collect only until 12th April.